Development and Communications Coordinator – Wellesley MA
The Development and Communications Coordinator is an integral part of Read to a Child’s day-to-day operations. He/she coordinates external communications, promotes Read to a Child’s growing number of events across the country, and supports the organization’s development functions. The person in this position will work out of our Wellesley office and will report to the National VP, Development.
- Work closely with all regional directors on regional event promotion, ticket sales, and communications, as well as on annual appeal outreach via email.
- Work closely with the Boston regional development staff to support all aspects of production to ensure successful national annual gala event (currently in November).
- Coordinate annual online fundraising campaign (currently in March).
- Write and/or edit email content for quarterly newsletters, event announcements, and press releases and manage distribution.
- Build Read to a Child’s online presence via regular social media posts and website updates, monitor web traffic and ensure optimization of search results.
- Maintain Constant Contact database, schedule appropriately timed emails, ensure appropriate segmentation, and clean lists.
- Manage and coordinate production of visually pleasing branded documents including the annual report, presentation decks & other communications / promotional assets (reading pair success stories, photos, video coverage, and testimonials.)
- Collect, format, generate and distribute donor recognition communications / acknowledgements related to donations, events, and campaigns as appropriate.
- Assist in ensuring that donor and volunteer database is updated and useful to appropriate staff members. Contribute to donor reporting efforts.
- Maintain and update the website regularly.
- Assist with administrative and additional development tasks as needed/requested.
We are seeking a high-energy Development and Communications Coordinator who is mission-driven and self-directed, skilled in communications and events, and excited to work hard for an organization at a pivotal time in its growth. Other requirements include:
- A passion for the Read to a Child mission
- Ability to plan, prioritize, and coordinate multiple projects simultaneously
- Excellent written communication skills with an extreme attention to detail
- Ability to engage a wide range of stakeholders through persuasive and effective communication, both verbally and in writing
- Experience with email and event management tools (preferably Constant Contact and EventBrite), social media, (including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Instagram), Microsoft Office software and Google Docs required.
- Experience maintaining a website (specifically WordPress), working with donation/fundraising management software (e.g. Network for Good) and CRM software (specifically Salesforce) preferred.
- Minimum two years of experience in a results-oriented, relationship-focused organization (nonprofit a plus).
- Grant research and/or grant writing experience a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree required
Please send a resume and a cover letter, which captures why this position is a great match for your skills and interests and includes salary requirements and writing samples, to: Margaret.Carr@readtoachild.org