Substitute School Coordinator – South Boston, MA
Condon Elementary School
The Substitute School Coordinator is responsible for the operation of Read to a Child’s Lunchtime Reading Program in event of a School Coordinator absence at the Condon School. The substitute is asked if she/he is available in the event of the School Coordinator’s absence or as an occasional assistant to the School Coordinator.
The Substitute School Coordinator will shadow the School Coordinator to learn the job.
Read to a Child is a nonprofit organization that fosters a love of reading in children in grades 1-4. Business professionals are matched with children for a rewarding read aloud experience weekly during the children’s lunch break.
- Communicates well in person, on the telephone, & via email
- Experience working with groups of children
- Organized, able to prioritize and multi-task
- Enthusiastic about children’s books and the program
- Fluency in English, other languages helpful but not required
Hours: As needed, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday approximately 10:00 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. from now through June.
Start November, 2018
Hourly Rate: $13.00 per hour
To Apply: Send resume & cover letter stating your interest suitability to: firstname.lastname@example.org