The Human Resources Coordinator supports the CFO in all aspects of human resources for Read to a Child, and works closely with employees across the country. This is a PART TIME position, around ten hours a week with a flexible schedule and minimal travel. They will be supervised by the CFO and will work from a combination of a home office and our Wellesley, MA location.
Specific Job Responsibilities Will Include All or Some of the Following
- Manage the day to day operations of payroll: communication with and training for employees; compiling, reviewing and submitting biweekly payroll submission; preparing information for entry into the accounting system; and supporting the CFO in making necessary filings and recommendations regarding compliance and process
- Assist with ensuring the organization is current with its HR compliance requirements as well as with all local, state and federal filings
- Manage the reporting requirements related to employee benefits programs including health/ dental, 401k and worker’s compensation
- Work with the CFO and other staff to develop and implement processes that ensure continued improvement and consistency in job descriptions, salary ranges, job postings, and offer letters
- Support hiring by managing the hiring and onboarding processes; processing all new hire paperwork, and at times posting, screening, and interviewing
- Manage the departing employee process, and at times conduct exit interviews
- Oversee the collection of performance evaluations
- Maintain confidential employee files according to regulations and policies, as well as preparing, updating and sharing staff contact lists
- Help design and implement staff appreciation events
- Recommend improvements to personnel and other policies/ processes
- Other items may include: office management (supplies, filing, mailings); supporting program and fundraising (including events) initiatives; maintaining computer inventory; supporting the CFO during the annual financial audit.
- Commitment to Read to a Child’s mission, viability and growth
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 1-2+ years of demonstrated success at exceeding requirements in a results-oriented, professional, related work environment, ideally in a Human Resources role that included processing payroll
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a diverse group of stakeholders. Strong customer service ethic, reflective of our deep appreciation of our employees
- Resourcefulness in setting priorities, proposing new ways to create efficiencies, and in developing systems
- Eager to learn historical information about the organization and its stakeholders; work collaboratively with colleagues across the organization; use resources efficiently with the organization’s mission as a guiding force; and model “all hands on deck” as needed
- Commitment to actively and continuously working toward achieving the organization’s Diversity, Equity and Inclusion goals
- Extremely organized and adept at successfully managing multiple projects simultaneously and prioritizing according to the organization’s strategic plan — with flexibility and a positive attitude
- Proficiency working with various technological platforms, including payroll systems. Experience with Excel a plus
- Access to transportation
About Read to a Child
Read to a Child is a national literacy and mentoring non-profit that fosters a love of reading, improves literacy skills and supports socio-emotional well-being in students from under-resourced communities.
We believe that varied perspectives and backgrounds create a rich work environment and enhance our ability to pursue our mission. Join us as we continue to build an organization that fosters a work environment where people from all backgrounds are welcomed and valued. We are continuously motivated to act on our commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion among reading mentors, board members, and staff.
Interested Applicants Contact Information
Beth Putnam, CFO
Please include a resume and a cover letter explaining why this is the perfect job for you.