Development and Communications Intern
The Development and Communications Intern supports the organization’s Development and Communications functions. The person in this position will work out of our Wellesley office.
• Conduct prospect research; i.e., private foundation and corporate grants.
• Research and maintain media contact databases for all Read to a Child regions.
• Assist with special event planning and execution.
• Build Read to a Child’s online presence via the creation of short videos highlighting school programming and volunteer training.
• Assist with administrative, communications and additional development tasks as needed/requested.
We are seeking a high-energy Development and Communications Intern who is mission-driven and self-directed, skilled in communications, and excited to work hard for an organization at a pivotal time in its growth. Other requirements include:
• A passion for the Read to a Child mission
• Ability to plan, prioritize, and coordinate multiple projects simultaneously
• Excellent written communication skills with an extreme attention to detail
• Experience creating short videos with high impact results; i.e., for fundraising and volunteer training efforts (required).
• Enrolled in a college or university working towards a Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Business, or Non-Profit Leadership.
This is a part time (12-15 hours/week), internship ideally beginning in September and staying through May, 2019. Candidate must be able to commit to a minimum of 3 hour shifts at a time. Office hours are 9am-5pm with the occasional evening event. The internship is unpaid; we are happy to coordinate with intern’s school to allow for class credit.
Please send a resume cover letter, which captures why this position is a great match for your skills and interests, writing samples, and videos, to firstname.lastname@example.org.