Development and Communications Intern
The Development and Communications Intern supports the organization’s Development and Communications functions. The person in this position will work out of our Wellesley office and will report to the National VP, Development.
• Conduct prospect research; i.e., private foundation and corporate grants.
• Research and maintain media contact databases for all Read to a Child regions.
• Assist with special event planning and execution.
• Build Read to a Child’s online presence via the creation of short videos highlighting school programming and volunteer training.
• Assist with administrative, communications and additional development tasks as needed/requested.
We are seeking a high-energy Development and Communications Intern who is mission-driven and self-directed, skilled in communications, and excited to work hard for an organization at a pivotal time in its growth. Other requirements include:
• A passion for the Read to a Child mission
• Ability to plan, prioritize, and coordinate multiple projects simultaneously
• Excellent written communication skills with an extreme attention to detail
• Experience creating short videos with high impact results; i.e., for fundraising and volunteer training efforts (required).
• Enrolled in a college or university working towards a Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Business, or Non-Profit Leadership.
This is a part time (12-15 hours/week), internship ideally beginning in September and staying through May, 2019. Candidate must be able to commit to a minimum of 3 hour shifts at a time. Office hours are 9am-5pm with the occasional evening event. The internship is unpaid; we are happy to coordinate with intern’s school to allow for class credit.
Please send a resume cover letter, which captures why this position is a great match for your skills and interests, writing samples, and videos, to Margaret.Carr@readtoachild.org.