MEDIA ADVISORY: Hartford Mayor Luke Bronin to Join Business Leaders and Philanthropists at Read to a Child Connecticut Fundraiser on October 19
Contact: Gina Broadbent
Phone: (860) 989-4768
HARTFORD, CT (OCTOBER 11, 2016) – Read to a Child® today announced that its second annual Connecticut fundraiser will be held at the Mark Twain House in Hartford on Wednesday, October 19, 2016, from 6:00-8:00 PM. The event, featuring Hartford Mayor Luke Bronin, will support Read to a Child’s Connecticut Lunchtime Reading Program, which partners an adult reading volunteer one-on-one with an elementary school student for a rewarding read aloud experience during the child’s lunch break. Read to a Child serves hundreds of at-risk children in Connecticut and more than 1,200 across the country.
“This event is a tremendous opportunity to bring together all who are committed to the mission of Read to a Child, and to expanding the Lunchtime Reading Program in Connecticut,” said Sean Datcher, Chair of Read to a Child’s Connecticut Board of Advisors and Vice President & CIO of eBusiness Technology at Travelers Insurance.
Event attendees will enjoy appetizers, beverages, a silent auction and tours of the historic site. Tickets, which are $50 per person, can be purchased at Eventbrite. All funds raised at the event will directly support the Lunchtime Reading Program in Connecticut. Key sponsors of the event include ACSTAR Insurance, Eagle Investment Systems, The Hartford in Windsor Employee Group, Holly and Brian Lerose, MB Aerospace, Morgan Stanley, Pamela and Patrick Pedonti, Paul Sapiro, and UBS.
- WHO: Hartford Mayor Luke Bronin; Read to a Child CEO Paul Lamoureux; Read to a Child CT Board Chair Sean Datcher; Betances Early Reading Lab Principal Corinne Barney; as well as supporters from ACSTAR Insurance, Eagle Investment Systems, The Hartford in Windsor Employee Group, MB Aerospace, Morgan Stanley, Travelers Insurance and UBS.
- WHAT: Read to a Child in CT hosts its second annual fundraiser
- WHEN: Wednesday, October 19, 2016 from 6:00 – 8:00 PM
- WHERE: Mark Twain House, 351 Farmington Avenue, Hartford, CT
- WHY: To improve at-risk children’s literacy skills in CT and prepare them for success in school and in life