Boston Mayor Martin J. Walsh to be a Featured Speaker and Honoree at Read to a Child Gala
BOSTON, November 13, 2018 – National non-profit literacy and mentoring organization Read to a Child® will host its ‘Magic of Reading’ Gala at the Marriott Downtown Tremont in Boston on Thursday, November 15th beginning at 6:30pm. Boston Mayor Martin J. Walsh, Read to a Child alumnus Luther Evans and Read to a Child reading mentor Pamela Giannatsis will be featured speakers at the event.
Mayor Walsh will receive Read to a Child’s Literacy Champion Award and will also highlight the importance of reading and mentoring in boosting literacy skills and self-confidence among at-risk public school students. Luther Evans will talk about how his profound experience with his reading mentor (Pam Giannatsis) in the Lunchtime Reading Program set him up for college and for success. America’s Got Talent (AGT) contestant and New England Patriots unofficial magician, John Duke Logan will perform and world-class auctioneer Charles Bailey Gates will host the live auction.
Thursday, November 15, 2018
- 6:30PM Event Begins, Guests/Media Arrive, Silent Auction Opens
- 7:00PM Magician John Duke Logan performs
- 7:45PM Mayor Walsh Arrives
- 8:00PM Governor Baker Remarks (Video) and Mayor Walsh Award
- 8:10PM Mayor Walsh and Luther Evans Remarks
- 8:30PM Live Auction and ‘Fund the Need’ with Charles Bailey Gates
- 9:00PM Auction Closes
- 9:30PM Event Ends
- Marriott Boston Downtown/Theater District – 275 Tremont Street, Boston, MA 02108
- Boston Mayor Martin J. Walsh
- Framingham State sophomore and computer science major, Luther Evans
- Magician John Duke Logan
- Auctioneer Charles Bailey Gates
- Read to a Child CEO Paul Lamoureux,
- Hundreds of education leaders, area philanthropists and corporate partners
- Inspiring speakers and entertaining performers
- Read to a Child Literacy Champion Award presentation
- Live and silent auction with more than 70 items
- Food, drink, fun and networking in support of Read to a Child
- 80% of low income 4th graders in the United States cannot read proficiently and 1/4 of these struggling youth won’t graduate from high school! The Gala supports Read to a Child’s efforts to address this alarming societal issue.
- For Tickets, Donations, or to Register for the online silent auction visit https://biddingforgood.
MEDIA: Margaret Carr, email@example.com